- RSS Channel Showcase 7910776
- RSS Channel Showcase 3887397
- RSS Channel Showcase 9111085
- RSS Channel Showcase 6256914
Articles on this Page
- 04/16/15--09:01: _Return of “Trust Me...
- 04/17/15--08:10: _“Pensado’s Place” G...
- 04/20/15--03:59: _Composer Cribs: NYC...
- 04/21/15--07:24: _MusikMesse 2015: 11...
- 04/22/15--04:00: _Tonight at IFC NYC:...
- 04/22/15--04:01: _5 Effective Tips fo...
- 04/23/15--06:27: _Good People, Great ...
- 04/24/15--07:43: _Blue Now Shipping H...
- 04/27/15--06:40: _“Making the Mix” Vi...
- 04/28/15--12:21: _Soundcraft Extends ...
- 04/29/15--04:05: _5 Ways To Create De...
- 05/01/15--09:52: _Auralex Releases Pr...
- 05/04/15--03:00: _Destination Studio ...
- 05/05/15--07:17: _Sonic Union Grows B...
- 05/06/15--06:16: _Greg Norman Outside...
- 05/06/15--10:01: _Universal Audio Lau...
- 05/06/15--12:28: _2015 AMP Awards Win...
- 05/07/15--11:15: _LA Event: Meet Sont...
- 05/11/15--03:00: _Studio Monitor Swit...
- 05/12/15--06:51: _Waves Releases H-Re...
- 04/21/15--07:24: MusikMesse 2015: 11 New Hardware & Software Picks for Your Studio
- 04/22/15--04:01: 5 Effective Tips for Getting Your Mix Started Right
- 04/24/15--07:43: Blue Now Shipping Hummingbird — Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- 04/27/15--06:40: “Making the Mix” Video Tutorial with Matty Amendola
- 04/29/15--04:05: 5 Ways To Create Depth Without Reverb
- 05/04/15--03:00: Destination Studio Sweet Spot: Studio Bohemo – Bath, New Hampshire
- 05/05/15--07:17: Sonic Union Grows Biz Dev, Post Production Staff with Two Hires
- 05/06/15--06:16: Greg Norman Outside Electrical Audio
- 05/06/15--12:28: 2015 AMP Awards Winners Announced at City Winery in NYC
- 05/11/15--03:00: Studio Monitor Switch: Alex Sterling — Upper West Side
- 05/12/15--06:51: Waves Releases H-Reverb Plug-In
This week, we’re excited to announce that one of our favorite sister sites, Trust Me, I’m a Scientist, will be relaunching as a member of the SonicScoop content network!
In just a few short years, TMIAS became one of our readers’ favorite destinations … Read More
Pensado for President! Could audio’s most visible personality be plotting a run for the Oval Office in 2016?
With the Tribeca Film Festival tearing into Week 2, it’s good to know that home-grown talent is being heard on the soundtracks.
Musikmesse 2015 is officially a wrap! The new product launches poured in thick and fast from Frankfurt — here are some more of our SS staff picks from Europe’s biggest hardware and software fest.
See something that didn’t make our list? Share in the comments!
Geoff Sanoff and Eli Janney of SonicScoop‘s Input|Output Podcast are hosting a special Q&A to go along with the screening of “Salad Days: A Decade of Punk in Washington, DC“. Check it out live today Wednesday, April 22nd at … Read More
Every mix that ends up great has to begin somewhere. By focusing too much on the end product, it’s easy to forget some of the the simple steps that help us get our mix sessions started as effectively as possible. Here are some ways to get yourself in a good … Read More
This week, we’re excited to launch SonicScoop’s all new Classifieds Section!
We’ve already put up a handful of great deals that are likely to go fast. Stay tuned for regular updates, more great deals on gear, new job listings, collaboration opportunities and more.… Read More
Blue’s latest addition to their array of microphones takes inspiration from their famous ‘interchangeable’ Bottle Caps – the “B1” capsule in particular. Characteristics of this capsule include an extended high end, as well as high SPL handling.
In this exclusive video series for SonicScoop, Producer/Engineer Matty Amendola takes you behind the scenes to share his signature techniques for crafting a great mix.
Working in a true hybrid analog/digital setup, he demonstrates a wealth of tips, tricks, and fresh ideas. In easy-to-follow fashion, Amendola walks you through the … Read More
Soundcraft’s start has been rooted in live sound productions since 1973. They’ve since introduced a number of consoles including the Vi series. Their latest addition adds the Vi5000 and the Vi7000 – replacing their previous Vi4 and Vi6 consoles.
Both consoles include plenty of options. … Read More
Depth, or front-to-rear dimension, is a crucial part of every great mix. Crafted well, it can make the speakers seem to disappear, immersing listeners in a three-dimensional world with the artist.
While you may instinctively reach for reverb to create depth, it’s not always the best tool for the job. … Read More
Improved critical listening may just be a kit away.
Acoustical treatment aficionados Auralex has announced a new all-in-one line consisting of two kits. Each one was created to bring an aesthetic and acoustical upgrade to small- and medium-sized rooms, from project studio to total pros.
If New Hampshire is bit of a mystery to you, it’s time for that to change.
Think first about its surroundings – Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine provide its stately borders. To the North is Quebec, and the Atlantic … Read More
Audio post personnel are on the move in NYC, with two new hires coming onboard at the Union Square shop Sonic Union.
Randee Bowman has been added to lead all Sonic Union business development initiatives. Meanwhile, Laura Bermudez is on the … Read More
Greg Norman has been Steve Albini’s right hand man at Electrical Audio since the beginning. He has worked at the influential Chicago studio since 1996, serving as staff engineer and “chief technical officer”.
Though Albini may cast a … Read More
Say “Neve”, and most audio pros can’t help but feel a glow inside.
The Association of Music Producers’ AMP Awards are a music business event like no other. A grand convergence takes place: music producers, ad agency creatives, composers, music supervisors, audio post pros, label and music publishing execs, and more come together to talk it up.
Who’s the man behind the mics? You’ve got a chance to meet him.
Listen closely, and you can hear them – an emerging generation of engineers who care deeply about audio.
Integrating their new FIR engine (Finite Impulse Response), users can shape the reverb decay envelope beyond linear forms. The plug-in also comes equipped with Waves’ … Read More